These days, the market is absolutely teeming with broadband and TV package options. Whether you’re a sports fan, a gamer, or a movie buff, there’s a package out there for everyone.
However, it can be challenging for a person to find the right one for them with so many options. That’s why I’ve gone through all of the options and picked out the very best.
In this guide, I’ll break down the top five 2021 broadband and TV deals in the UK so you can easily pick the one that’s best for you!
Best Broadband and TV Deals
NOW Broadband Fab Fibre + Entertainment Pass
If you’re looking for a provider with flexible contract options and a wide range of channels at an affordable price, you might like NOW’s Broadband Fab Fibre + Entertainment Pass deal.
NOW’s Fab Fibre broadband is hard to beat. At 36Mbps, it’s a great speed for the average household, and it is truly unlimited. There are no traffic rules, download limits, nothing.
NOW is offering its Entertainment Pass at half price for the first 12 months to those who add it to their broadband service. The entertainment Pass covers a wide range of channels such as Comedy Central, National Geographic, Gold, and various Sky channels.
This deal only applies to new customers, but it’s a great package at a great price.
NOW’s Fab Fibre broadband at 36Mbps is just £22 a month, and when you choose this deal, you’ll get NOW’s Entertainment Pass for £5.99 a month instead of the standard £9.99 for the first 12 months. After 12 months, the Entertainment Pass will go up to £9.99.
- The Entertainment Pass is contract-free
- Fibre broadband is faster than standard ADSL broadband
- Compared to other Fibre broadband, NOW’s is very inexpensive
- NOW’s broadband is low commitment
- No contract broadband with a £60 activation fee
- 12-month broadband contract with no activation fee
- NOW operates on Sky’s network, so it’s already widely available across the UK
- The set-top box is not included
- 36Mbps is average but not great for simultaneous streaming
- Show catalogues tend to rotate out quickly
- NOW has received complaints about their customer service
Virgin Media M350 Fibre + TV
Virgin Media is offering a great deal for their M350 Fibre + TV package. If you sign up for an 18-month contract, you only pay £55 for those 18 months.
If TV and video games are what you love, Virgin’s M350 Fibre + TV package could be perfect for you. You’ll get the Virgin TV 360 box with full DVR and 500 SD hours of storage, 190 channels, and the ability to stream Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Into sports? You’ll also get BT Sports in 4k Ultra HD.
Into streaming? Virgin M350 Fibre boasts a 362Mbps download speed and a 36Mbps upload speed.
With great features, though, comes a higher price.
When you sign up for the 18-month contract, you’ll pay a £35 installation fee and then £55 for those first 18 months. After the 18 months are up, the price will jump up to £87 a month.
- Upload/download speeds are four times faster than the UK average
- Virgin doesn’t adhere to traffic rules, so no lagging during peak times
- Broadband speed is ideal for gamers and streamers
- Large selection of channels
- All bundles come with the Virgin TV 360 box
- Reliable connection
- Virgin Media has a record of customer complaints
- If you only want tv and broadband, it’ll be more expensive than a bundle that includes a phone line
- Bundles are expensive when deals aren’t running
- Availability throughout the UK is still spotty
BT TV Classic Bundle
In a deal open to new customers only, you’ll receive a £70 gift card and free HD for three months when you sign up for the BT TV Classic Bundle with Fibre.
If you’re a sports fan looking for a new package, the BT Classic Bundle could be perfect for you.
The BT Classic Bundle includes a 24-month contract, a wide range of channels including BT Sport, BT Fibre broadband, and, as mentioned above, a £70 reward card and three free months of HD.
The price of BT TV is a little more cost-effective than Virgin’s package if you’re looking for something a little less expensive.
The BT Classic Bundle is £44.99 a month with a £49.99 installation cost. If you’ve enjoyed your three months of free HD, you can upgrade your package to include HD for an extra £6.50 a month. BT broadband is charged separately.
- Access to 5 million Fibre hotspots across the UK
- Multi-room viewing
- Great for sports fans
- Amazon Prime and Netflix streaming capabilities
- Periodic price hikes tend to be above the inflation rate
- BT has been known to charge customers for bundles they didn’t want or didn’t receive
If you’re a sports fan looking for something a little more basic and lower in cost, Plusnet YouView could be a good option.
At the moment, YouView TV is an add-on to either Plusnet Unlimited Fibre or Unlimited Fibre Extra.
With this package, you’ll get the YouView set-top box with 500 GB of storage capable of storing 200 SD hours, the BT Sport Lite channel pack, 70 premium Freeview channels, Freeview HD channels, seven days of catch up TV, and access to free and paid streaming apps through the set-top box.
If you want a little more variety, there are a plethora of additional channel packs you can add to your package.
For what you get, Plusnet YouView’s prices are hard to beat.
Unlimited Fibre Broadband is £16.98 a month, while Unlimited Fibre Extra Broadband is only a little more at £22.28 a month. YouView TV is only £5 a month when added to an 18-month broadband contract.
Plusnet YouView also gives you a choice of which set-top box you receive. With the YouView box, activation is free—all you have to pay is a small £6.99 postage charge.
With the YouView+ box, you’ll pay a £50 activation fee plus £7.99 for postage. You’ll receive all the perks of the YouView box, plus the ability to pause and rewind live TV.
- BT Sports Lite channels are standard
- YouView box is included
- There’s no way to bundle YouView TV with Plusnet Broadband—you must sign up for YouView TV later
- The only HD channels included are Freeview channels
EE Broadband + Apple 4K TV
If you love your streaming services, EE’s Broadband + Apple 4k TV might be the way to go.
In a deal that is only open to existing customers, EE offers a TV package that includes Apple 4K TV, Apple TV free for 12 months, and an Apple TV set-top box when you sign up for the service.
If you’re already a customer of EE’s broadband and mobile services, this is a really sweet deal. With Apple TV, you’ll have access to BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, YouTube, Amazon, Netflix, and more.
The Apple TV set-top box that comes with the package has 200 SD hours of video storage so that you won’t miss a thing.
On top of all that, you’ll also get EE’s broadband with a 10Mbps speed. 10Mbps is great for small households, but if you need a little more oomph, other packages have the same perks and a faster Mbps speed.
This package starts at £36 a month with free installation and a 24-month contract.
- BT Sports is free on various devices
- Free set-top box
- Free Apple TV for one when you sign up for the BT TV Classic Bundle with Fibreyear
- EE’s Apple 4K TV is only available to customers who also use EE for broadband and mobile pay-monthly services
As you can see, there’s no perfect service, but there’s likely a broadband and tv deal that works best for you.
Most importantly, remember to carefully look through whichever contract you choose – be sure that you understand what you’re signing up for and getting before you write your name on the dotted line!